Thursday, February 2, 2012

A New Month!

January was shit. It just was. There was sickness, death, divorce and it rained like every fucking day. It was fucking awful. We will all continue to deal with the ramifications of January for quite some time, there is no way around that. I am reminded of everything that happened every single day and I think hopeful thoughts for those who joined me in having a shit January. But it is February now I just know it will be better. It has to be. I woke up on February 1st and felt like a weight was lifted off my shoulders.

I finally wanted to dace again at work which is something I never did in January but used to do all the time. There is nothing to brighten your spirits like rocking out on the Carlton dance while singing "It's Not Unusual" by Tom Jones. And I went for it this morning. From the moment I got to the bus stop to the moment I walked out the doors of work, I have been dancing my ass off. And it feels fabulous. Walking down the street rocking out to your own music is highly underrated. Who cares if you look different? Who cares if people think you are crazy? You know that you are have a fuckin' great time and that is all that matters. People who think you are weird are the ones who deeply wish they could be rocking out too. So just go for it. And dance. Trust me, it helps with everything in life.

And this is the month to dance and be merry. My birthday is in 5 days, Desmond's is in 13, Sophia's is in 2, Ian's is in 7 and my grandma's is at the end of the month. I was the first first Sophia invited to her 3rd birthday; I'm pretty popular with the 3 year old set. I'm taking her to see The Magic School Bus Live, which is a little selfish because I love TMSB and she does not yet know what it is. (But I think she'll live it a lot, I mean, who doesn't like Mrs. Frizzle??) Alisa's baby shower is happening! (Which means the baby is happening soon too!) I'm going to the Mt. Hood on my birthday to play in the snow!!!! I am so excited. There is so much to be excited about. Finishing internship applications, volunteering more, getting out and doing more things that are fun and cool. This month shall be good.

I guess I should discuss my goals for January. These are the things I did do:

  • Drank less!
  • Put effort into finding volunteer opportunities and internships.
  • Used my planner
  • Kept up on my reading and homework assignments
These are the things I did not do:
  • Practice French
  • Finish any applications
  • Finish my outside reading books
  • Pay my taxes/take my money back from the government
So I broke even kinda. It was a difficult month though, this one should be more productive. 

These are the things I want to add to my February goals list in addition to the things I did not do in January:
  • Start running again! And don't be too hard on myself about it. Running a mile is still more than I am currently doing.
  • Plan a fabulous baby shower with brunch and cocktails!
  • Figure out how to write a grant!
  • Dance. Always.
A coworker made me a CD with this song on it a long time ago. I don't have the CD any more but the song pops up on my Ipod at random times and always when I really need the message in it. The best part starts at 1:51 and just doesn't quit after that. Enjoy.

"I'mma open my eyes and take my time and make my life the way that I believe it should be"
(Original tracks are Sleepyhead - Passion Pits and The Dream - Collective Efforts)

1 comment:

  1. January was a difficult month for me as well. So glad it's over! I turn 29 in 9 days...eeeeek!

    ReplyDelete