Saturday, January 14, 2012

If you ain't runnin' wit it, run from it, motherfucka

So I find Lil Wayne semi-inspirational. That's ok, right? I can be a productive member of society and my favorite playlist can still consist of Sean Paul, Rihanna, Lil Wayne, Drake and Wiz Khalifa, right? Often I feel like everyone else enjoys listening to "good music" and I just love shitty pop & rap and there is some sort of problem with that. I enjoy listening to other people's music and hearing stuff I've never heard before but at the end of the day, I just want to listen to some fuckin' RiRi. Maybe it is just living Portland that I feel especially judged for this fact. Thank god I have Alex in my life to dance and bond over Rihanna with.

Again, this is not what I set out to write about. I set out to write about Beyonce. This is at the request of Frico Kidd. He finds it important that the world (or at least the people reading this blog) know that Beyonce worships the devil. Or is the devil. Or possibly her child is the devil. Or is just evil. I'm not actually 100% on the issue. The point is, there are indicators to this... problem... She wore a t-shirt with a pentagram on it, a ring with something on it that was reported as looking like the devil (but actually looked more like a goat) and one of her songs which is recorded backwards when played forwards is actually her praising the devil. Or  is the devil speaking. Or is the devil's voice coming through her. Also her child's name, when rearranged, spells something devil like. Clearly, these are the facts. And the facts do not lie. This is something we all need to be concerned about. The Mayans did predict this is the year the world ends. Maybe it is Beyonce's doing. Or her child's doing. Or even Jay-Z's doing. The point is, watch out for Beyonce. And her child. And Jay-Z. And probably Destiny's Child as well.

On a totally unrelated, non-musical note, these are the things I did this week:

  • Wrote my resume! It is passable as a professional document.
  • Did not get drunk at Claire's birthday. And still had fun.
  • Finally had lunch with Alisa to talk about the beebee shower!
  • Started reading the book for for my child class.
  • Read about writing a cover letter. What a weird thing...
  • Did not download more time wasting apps.
  • Finished taking all my antibiotics! 
These are the I have not done:
  • Practice French. The individual whose car my French book is in has not yet left it on my front porch, as requested. If you are reading this, please do so soon. I have goals. 
  • Actually applied to the internships I've found. I realized I should go to the career center and have them look over my resume and cover letters before turning them in. Re-evaluating goals is important.
These are the things I plan to do tomorrow before my week is technically over:
  • Go for a hike. Snow is in the forecast so a hike may not be possible but Justin and I agreed to at least do something outdoorsy.
  • Run a DARS report. I am dreading it since I failed a class last term (for the first time EVER) and I can't bear to look at the damage to my GPA.
  • Brain storm for internship essays. Damn Paul Farmer and Bill Clinton for making me think on the weekends. 
  • Make something for Sunday dinner for the first time in months. 
Hopefully reasonable things to do on a Sunday and considering it is Saturday night and I am at home listening to Drake, drinking a diet coke and getting ready for bed, I will probably have plenty of time to complete all tasks tomorrow. I am kinda liking this new lifestyle... 

No comments:

Post a Comment